My work is required to always update the latest software to customers. It took a lot of time to show customers to use their own Gmail to sign in and download apps from Android Market. The easier way is just install apk files from desktop to their phone. But it’s not like you can always get the latest version apk files from Google. Luckily! I found a great API android-market-api provided by Tim Strazzere and decided to build a tool using this API for my purpose. Think of it, this tool might be useful to others too. So i share it here. The very first word, i wanna say thanks to Tim Strazzere for his great work.
Real APK Leecher v1.3.5
9/6/2012 – core update
- Fix downloading. Now any apps could be downloaded fine.
- Download apps you purchased with your account is now available.
- Add an option to ask the name you want to save the apk with.
- Support Linux version (only for downloading, not scanning now)
- Add FAQ
9/4/2012: v1.2.4 – removing “Pin this program to Taskbar” due to crash often. Sorry for inconvenient.
- remove “Pin this program to Taskbar”
- Fix download with apps with name contains “/”
8/4/2012: v1.2.3 – removing carrier restrictions
- remove carrier restrictions (go Option to choose your SIM Operator Numberic)
- Delete apk file
- Add “Pin this program to Taskbar” (more like winform application)
Some apps have carrier restrictions. On Android phone, you must have root permission to be able to fake carrier with Market Enabler app to download those apps. But now, Real APK Leecher gives you an option to setup SIM Operator Numberic (SON) to fake carrier. You can get SON by the following formula: SON = MCC + MNC. For example, T-Mobile has MCC 310, MNC 260, so SON is 310260. If you don’t need this feature, just leave SON empty in Option. Here is the list of MCC and MNC.
28/3/2012: v1.1.9 – quick fix for removing country restrictions
- remove country restrictions (go Option to choose your language/country)
25/3/2012: v1.1.8 – core update adding some useful features
- Option to scan existing apk folder to compare its version with market version
- Rename apk file manually
- Rename all apk files automatically with file name format option
- Download apps with option to select file name format
- Copy link location on Google Play
- Search related apps
- Fix download app that contains “:”
- Check update for new version
- Download apk files from Google Play to desktop
- Check version of your apk local files
How to use
1. Config the option
First time launching Real APK Leecher, you need to config some required information for the tool to work. Go to Edit -> Option.
The general info is required. Email and password are belong to a Gmail that is main account on an Android phone. Device Id is the device id of that phone. You can obtain it by press *#*#8255#*#* on your phone. This screen should be shown (please note that the device id doesn’t contain “android-” part).
If you cannot get device id with above method, go market and search for Device ID app. It will get it for you.
2. Download apps
This tool is very easy to use. Just search with proper search term, you’ll get the list of apk files on the table below. Select a row and right-click, then download the app you want.
3. Check version of local apk files
This is new feature on version 1.1.8 which let you compare local version of an apk folder with the version on Google Play. It helps you update your existing apk files easier.
4. Batch rename apk files with proper name
You can automatically rename all apk files with file name format option, or manually rename a file by double-click on the filename on the table.
1. It cannot start and ask me for Java install?
This tool is a Java application, so you need at least JRE for it to run. If you encounter any problem in starting up Real APK Leecher, get the latest JRE on Oracle site.
2. Is this tool safe for me to provide my Gmail account?
Well, tell you the truth that i really didn’t want this tool to ask your account like that, but it must do that. The API acts more like an phone emulator, access Google Play with the same way when you use your phone to do that. So that’s why you need provider your Gmail account. I don’t have anything to do with your account. If not sure, make a junk account to use this tool.
3. Does this tool work with paid apps?
No! Only apps you paid with your account, not any paid apps.
4. The status shows “Login successfully” but “Cannot load the list. Please check your internet connection.”?
First, make sure your device id doesn’t contain any space. Then check your internet connection to see if you have network with private DNS, proxy that block Java Application. Also check your antivirus firewall.
5. Many apps i expected with the search term didn’t show up and download failed due to bad device ID or internet connection?
There are 4 reasons cause this error:
- Commonly, it happens if you provide wrong device id. So check your device id carefully.
- You provide wrong the path which the tool uses to save the downloaded apks.
- The app you’re downloading is a paid app and you didn’t purchased it with your account.
- Your internet connection
6. Download is fine but there are some apps i couldn’t find it on search result?
Maybe the apps you want has some restrictions on it. See the changelogs for version 1.2.3
7. Some apps i couldn’t download, download process return negative percent?
This fixed on version 1.3.5
8. Some big apks download reach 100% and keep counting back from start?
Don’t mention it. The download finishes when the Cancel button is disabled. That’s a sign.
Like my work? Feel free to buy me a coffee :-)